A dialogue on perfomance theory and gallery education
Based on Judith Butler's definition of the performative act as an action that has to be constantly repeated and socially legitimized, the text discusses the relation between performance, pedagogy and agency as Garoian conceptualizes it in his Performative Pedagogy (1999). Thoughts on contemporary performance art practices are «read across» the perspectives of different fields of knowledge in a dialogue betwenn performace theory and gallery education. We focus on four themes: presence and embodiment, strategies of enabling action, collective practices of reception and constructions of place, starting from performative projects by artists Alexandra Bachzetsis, San Keller, William Hunt and Kateřina Šedá.
- Zukunft: Anregungen für die Forschung in Art Education
- An ontology of the present. On the transformation of art educational knowledge
- Challenges of a Disciplinary Anchorage – Questions Addressed at Art Education
- ‘Natural Art Education’ – On Biologisms in Art Educational Discourse
- Statements in german
- Editorial Art Education Research °12
- Teaching methodology, research-based:
- Editorial Art Education Research °11
- Editorial Art Education °8
- Editorial Art Education °6
- Materialien zum Selbststudium
- The visitors are missing. Which visitors?
- Editorial Art Education °2
- Editorial Art Education °1